Applying as an International Student
EU Applicants and Non-EU Applicants living in the EU:
If you're an EU national or a non-EU national living in the EU and want to enter a DkIT course at 1st year level, you must apply in the standard way through the CAO. For more information on the application process, cost and key dates visit our CAO First Year Entry section.
Non-EU Applicants living in the EU should apply through the CAO.
All other Non-EU applicants applying for one of the courses at DkIT, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (or submit to your Education Agent directly):
- Completed application form (Download Application Form)
- Academic transcripts
- IELTS (or equivalent) transcripts
- Passport copy
If your application is successful, you will receive an initial letter of offer either directly or through the offices of the agency.
You must then pay the fees for the first year of the programme in full and also pay for health insurance. Once your fees have been lodged in full to the DKIT account, a final letter of offer will be issued. You will need this letter in order to apply for a student visa. Visa applications are made to your local Irish Embassy or Consulate or to the Department of Justice in Ireland. If your visa application is refused DKIT will refund your fee in full.
Download the International Application Form
Non-EU applicants applying for one of the courses at DkIT, please email the following documents to email@example.com (or submit to your Education Agent directly):
English Language Requirements
If you are interested in studying in DkIT, you need to meet the entry requirements for the program for which you want to apply. Each application must be accompanied by certified evidence of all relevant qualifications held to date including evidence of proficiency in English.
English Requirements are:
- Grade B2 equivalent on CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- have achieved the following grades in IELTS (or internationally-recognised equivalent English exam):
|Level||Required IELTS Qualification:|
|Foundation English||IELTS 4.5|
|Pre-Sessional Foundation English||IELTS 5.0|
|Bachelor (Ordinary) Degree (Level 7)||IELTS 5.5|
|Bachelor (Honours) Degree (Level 8)||IELTS 6.0|
* Where an applicant demonstrates evidence of having attained his/her Bachelor Degree through instruction in the English language, a grade of 6.0 may be accepted for admission to a STEM programme.
International Foundation Programmes
In order to accommodate our students and ensure the programmes that we offer meet their learning needs, we have developed three International Foundation Programmes, including:
- Certificate in Foundation Studies with Intensive English
- Certificate in Preparation for Higher Education
- Certificate in Pre-Sessional English
Applicants are required to pay annual tuition fees and charges in full, on receipt of letter-of-offer, in order to get registered at the Institute.